Sunday, October 16, 2011

Passionfruit and Orange Tart

So, it seems that it has been a while since I have last posted doesn't it? Well the reason for that is because school has started again so I can only really post on the weekends, and I have been quite busy these days..so that is why I am posting so late ><

Anyways, this is just going to be a short post so that I fulfill my weekly posting addiction. Today it is going to be a recipe on Passionfruit and Orange Tart. Spring is finally beginning to feel like spring in Australia, so I thought that I should blog about a spring/summer dessert to get us ready for spring.

The recipe is quite easy, so let's get started.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 cup icing sugar
125g butter
1 egg yolk
1-2 tablespoons of cold water
icing sugar for dusting
Filling:
3 eggs
2 egg yolks
300ml thickened cream
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup passionfruit pulp
1 tablespoon grated orange rind
1 tablespoon orange juice

Method
1. Process flour, icing sugar and butter in a food processor until mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs. Whilst motor is on, combine egg yolk and water until mixture forms a ball.
2. Lightly knead dough on a floured surface until smooth. Wrap in a plastic wrap and chill for 30 min.
3. Roll out pastry to line a 24cm flan tin, trim edges and pose base. Chill for another 30 min.
4. Cover pastry in baking paper, and fill with dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake at about 190 C for 15 minutes. Remove paper and beans and bake for another 10 minutes or until pale golden brown.
5. For Filling: Lightly whisk all ingredients in a large jug. Do NOT overmix. Pour into pastry case and bake at about 180 C for about 25-30 minutes until just set. Cool.
6. Chill and serve dusted with icing sugar.




And there you have it, a nice summer dessert that can be made now. I hope you guys enjoy that, and I'll try and post again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment