Friday, August 3, 2012

Egg Bbang 계란 빵 GyeRan Bbang

Hey guys, so I am finally back after a really long break due to exams. I still haven't actually finished my exams yet, but I do have a week break in between the last two exams so I figured that I would take the time to kinda update this blog.

I'm going to try and do the same as what I did last time, where I updated every day with a new recipe. I really want to do the same this time because it pushes me to find new recipes and test them out as well.

Today I'm going to ease my way into blogging again my introducing you to something easy and simple, it still is Korean because I'm still in love with Korean food.Today I will introduce you to a simple snack called Egg Bread (계란 빵)It is practically an egg that has been set into a savoury muffin.

Egg Bbang is a much loved favourite with children and adults alike because it is so simple and yummy. anyways, to the recipe....

Ingredients
¾ Cup Flour
8 Small Eggs
2 Large Eggs (For the Batter)
½ Cup Melted Salted Butter
⅓ Cup Sugar
¼ Cup Milk
¾ tsp Baking Powder
Some Salt for Eggs
Some Melted Butter for Brushing

Method
1. Whisk 2 eggs in a mixing bowl until they are well mixed. Add the sugar and stir it until the sugar dissolves.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture.
3. Add the melted salted butter and milk. Mix it well. The consistency will be like crêpe batter.
4. Put the batter in a zipper bag.
5. Use a large cup cake or muffin pan, either with oval shapes or round shapes. Brush the inside of the cup cake pan surface with melted butter evenly.
6. Put about one or two Tbsp of batter to the bottom of each pan by squeezing the bag. Make sure that the batter completely covers about ¼ inch of the bottom surface.
7. Smooth the batter surface with a spoon.
8. Break and place one egg on top of each muffin.
9. Sprinkle one generous pinch of salt onto each egg.
10. Cover the egg with rest of the batter. Leave little bit of space for the muffins to rise on the top.
11. Preheat the oven to 180C. Bake the egg bread for about 25 minutes.
12. Turn off the oven and leave the bread in the oven for 5 more minutes to finish cooking the eggs.
13. Poke the center of the bread with a tooth pick, all the way through, to check if the egg is done cooking. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done.
NOTE: You can also add other ingredients such as bacon and herbs on top of the egg to give it more of a meal taste. This would world perfectly as a breakfast food.





And there you have it, a super simple snack to make over the weekend when you are having a break from watching the Olympics ^^

And remember I will posting all week long. Remember to stay warm, healthy and happy until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment