Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Beef and Kimchi Pepper Rice | almost Pepper Lunch|

Hey guys, I finished all of my exams yesterday and I am back from a day of shopping to bring you a new blog post. I hope that you guys will enjoy this, and I really loved the idea of sharing this because I had something similar at lunch.

The inspiration for today's recipe comes from today's lunch which was at Pepper Lunch. They are really awesome and you should check out one of their stores if there is one near you. I don't work for them and this recipe is based solely on my own experience and ideas.

So the main idea that is reoccurring in all the dishes from the store is that there will be raw meat and rice that is brought out on a hot plate so you have to 'cook' it yourself. It is practically do it yourself teppanyaki.

And now to my version of this dish... I don't know if this will work because I can't try it out at home (no hot plates.... :( ) If you have tried this please do comment below and tell me how it went and whether I should change anything.

Ingredients
200g of beef skirt sliced thinly (any lean cut will do)
1/4 can of corn kernels
1/2 tsp of crushed pepper (not ground)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cooking oil
1 tsp butter
2 tsp chopped spring onions
1 cup cooked rice

Method
1.  Make sure that the beef is entirely thawed and sprinkle salt and mix.
2.  Oil a hot plate and heat it until there is smoke
3.  Put the rice in the middle of the plate while still hot.
4. Turn off the heat and scatter the meat around the rice forming a ring around the rice.
5. Top the rice with the butter (this is the key to a tasty meal)
6. Then top with the corn, pepper and spring onions.
7. Serve immediately

NOTE: 
- I know you want to eat it but please do be careful because it is VERY hot at the beginning. And don't forget to hurry up and mix the dish up because the meat will burn and stick.
- I think that if you don't have a hot plate you could try and use a wide bottom Korean stone pot, like one used for dolseotbap. It should be able to work the same.

And there you have it, my take on the popular pepper rice dish.


AND if you want to try it with kimchi then cut up 1/2 cup of kimchi and put it on top of the rice after the corn.
(all images are taken by me) 
And there you have it, a at home version of the popular Pepper Rice dish.

I hope that you enjoyed the post because I certainly had fun writing it as my first post after I finished my exams.

Hopefully you guys will stay healthy, happy and safe until my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment