Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentines Day Warm Tandoori Chicken Salad

Hey guys, so I'm back with day 2 of my Valentines Day weekly lead up. I'm pretty happy with myself for even actually being bothered to blog, I have been really lazy over the last month.

So I have decided that I will continue with the Valentines day theme and today I am going to post up an entree, tomorrow will be a main and then on the 14th I will be posting up a dessert, So that you will have a three course meal at your disposal for use on Valentines day with your SO. Maybe next year I should start this earlier....

Anyways, today I'm going to show you guys how to make a Warm Tandoori Chicken Salad. I had one of these at a formal dinner once (not for Valentines Day though, I haven't had the privileged of being to one of those just yet) and it was absolutely AMAZING.

With Sydney cooling down for the week and the rest of the world caught up in a cold snap, Nemo anyone? I thought that it would be a good idea to have something warm as a starter, just so you aren't shivering until the main meal.

This may seem like a really difficult dish to make but there isn't much to it, it is super simple and I am quite proud of it because it is something that I have made up entirely by myself.

I guess we should get started with the recipe:

Ingredients
2 chicken breasts
1/4 cup tandoori curry paste
50g natural greek yogurt
1 T olive oil
Salad
1 cos lettuce
1 red onion
100g spinach leaves
1 cucumber
1 tomato
1/2 carrot
Parmesan Cheese
Dressing
Juice of 1 lime
2 T olive oil
1 T brown sugar
pinch of paprika
Salt and pepper

Method
1. Cut the chicken into strip
2. Marinate the chicken in the tandoori sauce, yogurt and oil for an hour before cooking
3. Whilst the chicken is marinating prepare the salad. Place a couple of leaves of cos lettuce on each plate and top with a bit of the spinach. Cut the onion, tomato and cucumber into slices and arrange those on top too. Grate the carrot and sprinkle on top.
4. Heat up a pan and drizzle with a bit of oil before placing the chicken in and cooking until it is done and slightly crispy.
5. Arrange the chicken on top of the salad whilst still hot.
6. Shave a bit of parmesan on top of the chicken.
7. Quickly mix the dressing ingredients before drizzling on top of everything right before serving,

And there you have it, a warm tandoori chicken salad that is bound to impress as an entree for Valentines Day or any other day of the year for that matter.




I hope that this entree will impress your date for the night, and please to do come back tomorrow because I will be posting up a recipe for the main course. 

Until tomorrow keep on looking for your Valentine because I'm sure they are out there somewhere otherwise search my site for some other comfort food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment