Thursday, October 3, 2013

Chai Tea Frappe

Hey everyone, I can't believe that tomorrow will be the last day of this blogging week. I can't believe that a week has gone by so quickly. WOW, I was planning to get so much done in this week but most of it just hasn't happened.

Anyways I've been getting this blogging week done which has been good :)

I hope that you like me putting more substantial food on the blog yesterday, although today I've converted back to posting about a drink. I only tried this drink out about 6 months ago, but I have been hooked and I will order it whenever I see it on the menu at a cafe. So I thought that it would only be right for me to share it with you guys as well, especially since it is snack week.

It's the chai tea frappe, or smoothie as it is also known. It's the refreshing hot drink that we all know and love transformed into a cool refreshing version for the summer months. It's got tea goodness, along with the hint of spices and the nice refreshing hit of ice to keep you cool, calm and collected through the heat.

Ingredients
2 cups of chai tea, brewed and cooled
1 cup of almond milk or full cream milk
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
4 cups of ice cubes
1 tbsp of honey or sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
whipped cream
cinnamon to garnish

Method 
1. Pour the milk, tea, ice, honey, ice cream and vanilla into a blender.
2. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
3. Pour the drink into serving glasses and top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon to garnish.

And you are DONE. A simple chai tea frappe at home.




I hope that you enjoyed today's recipe. It was more simple than all the others so far, but it is still as good and delicious because it is so simple. Stay tuned for the last installment of snack week tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment