Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Mozzarella Cheese Sticks

Hey there, I think we've had quite a few nice drinks so far so today I've decided to come up with some food food. Something that is a starter, but actual food that you can chew on. It is one of my favourite things ever, cheese sticks.

I know that not everyone is a fan of cheese, and I don't understand at all - how can you not like cheese? But anyways, these are really nice and you can always trick your non-cheese eating friends that it is fish fingers and wait for the reaction because it is HILARIOUS.

There isn't much to say about this dish other than that it is delectable, crispy on the outside and molten cheese on the inside. Feel free to choose whatever cheese you want inside, but it does work best with a soft cheese that oozes as you bite into it. I like to use mozzarella because it is my favourite, but you can use Brie or Camembert or even cheddar if you would like to.

I have nothing else to say so let's get this recipe started!

Ingredients
200g mozzarella cheese
100g flour
50g corn flour
1 large egg beaten
100g bread crumbs
oil to fry in
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup finely chopped herbs (parsley, tarragon or chives)
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Method
1. Preheat oil to 180C
2. Combine the flour and corn flour. Season flour with salt and pepper.
3. Cut mozzarella into 16 sticks, making sure cheese is cold
4. Dip cheese into flour, then egg, into flour again, egg again and finally breadcrumbs (this will seal everything in)
5. Lower cheese sticks into flour and fry for a few minutes until the outside is golden. Drain on paper towels a bit.
6. While cheese sticks are cooking combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, garlic powder and herbs in a bowl and mix.

And there you have it. The perfect finger food for a party, or even a snack for yourself on a lonely movie night in. 




I hope that you guys like today's post. I can't believe I'm already on day 4 eeeeek. Anyways stay tuned for more tomorrow :D

No comments:

Post a Comment